Manav Ekta Mission, on behalf of the Walk of Hope 2015-16 event, announces a country-level Essay Contest for Young People ( Children & Youth ) on the topic – My Role as a Citizen of Earth, across 9 languages of the country. Organised by the Manav Ekta Mission in association with the Department of Youth Affairs, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, the National Foundation for Communal Harmony (NFCH), All India Confederation of the Blind (AICB) and the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), the underlying objective is to spread more awareness and bring in more engagement in nation-building through peace and tolerance.
The Theme of the National Peace Essay
My Role as a Citizen of EARTH:
In the vast universe, we were born on this planet, Earth, where we now live in the midst of various cultures and ethnicity and confront numerous problems. In which way you would like to fulfill your role as a citizen of Earth?
Guidelines of the National Peace Essay
1. Essays may be submitted by anyone up to 25 years old (as on January 10, 2015) in one of the following age categories: (A) Children (ages up to 14) and (B) Youth (ages 15-25)
2. Essays must be 700 words or less in English, Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil, Kannada, Marathi, Gujarati, Urdu or Punjabi, clearly typed in an Open Office/ Word file.
3. Essays must have a cover page indicating (i) Category (Children or Youth); (ii) Essay Title; (iii) Your name; (iv) Address with your City, District, State, Pincode; (v) Phone number; (vi) E-mail; (vii) Language used; (viii) Your age as on Jan 10, 2015; (ix) Gender; (x) School Name, if applicable; (xi) Word Count.
4. Teachers and Youth Club Directors can submit a collection of essays from their class or group. Please enclose a list of all participants, names, age, and contact details of the submitting teacher or director.
5. Entries must be clearly typed and sent as an attachment with the email. Teachers and Youth Club Directors can send entries in a compressed folder enclosed with their email.
6. Essays must be original and published.
7. Essays must be written by individual person. Co-authored essays are not accepted.
8. Copyright of the essays entered will be assigned to the organizers.
9. The contest is open to the young participants who are visually disabled. Entries may be submitted in the form of Braille or DAISY-compliant Digital Talking Book.
Deadline for Entries
Entries must be reached by January 10, 2015.
The following awards will be given in Children’s Category and Youth Category respectively.
1st Prize: Certificate and prize of Rs. 15,000 (1 Entrant)
2nd Prize: Certificate and prize of Rs. 10,000 (2 Entrants)
3rd Prize: Certificate and Gift (5 Entrants)
Honorable Mention: Certificate and Gift (25 Entrants)
Special Awards: Certificates and Gifts for Visually disabled participants (25 Entrants)
1st Prize Winners will be invited to an Award Ceremony at the Sarva Dharma Kendra, Bangalore (sometime in April 2015). Additional awards (Recognition of Effort, Best School Award) will be given if applicable. Prizes will be announced by March 1, 2015 on the website: intern.walkofhope.in and emails will be sent to inform all participants. Certificates and gifts will be mailed to the winners.
PLEASE SEND YOUR ENTRY BY EMAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org